Provisioning Docker Containers with FAI

Itamar Gal itamarggal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 21:33:35 CET 2017

Dear FAI Users:

I've recently started learning how to use FAI. I would like to experiment
with FAI using Docker containers in order to facilitate the learning
process as well as for prototyping.

I'm able to install the FAI server in a Docker container without any
problems. Unfortunately I don't see any way to use a Docker container as an
FAI installation client, because FAI seems to rely on using PXE and Docker
containers don't have a full boot process (and in particular don't have a
BIOS).

Is there any way to work around this? Are there any alternatives I should
consider?

Cheers,
Itamar