Probelms with Serial Console

Jan.Dreyer at bertelsmann.de Jan.Dreyer at bertelsmann.de
Thu May 25 09:39:13 CEST 2017

Hi.

I think you have to bind-mount /dev, /sys and /proc into /target before chroot. You won't have access to the devices if not.

Jan Dreyer
Sent by mobile

Am 25.05.2017 08:57 schrieb Bill MacAllister <bill at ca-zephyr.org>:
On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:03:37 PM PDT, Bill MacAllister wrote:

> I have determined that the update-grub command is what is
> failing. I have tried lots of variations on that command line to
> no avail.  What am I missing?

And I now I have logs.  The bit that is causing the problem is:

$ROOTCMD update-grub
+ chroot /target update-grub
Generating grub configuration file ...
grub-probe: error: disk `md0' not found.
error=$(($?>$error?$?:$error))
++ error=1

Not sure what to do about that. Suggesions?

Bill

--
"Can't sing louder than the guns when I'm gone,
so I guess I'll have to do it while I'm here."

Phil Ochs