autodiscover does not discover fai-server

Dr. Matthias Schöpfer Matthias.Schoepfer at ithinx.io
Tue Jun 20 14:25:03 CEST 2017

Hi!

I am new to fai but have some experience with linux. I am trying to set
up an fai server for Debian Stretch (using debian stretch). Since the
company uses Windows (*sigh*) I will not be able to use DHCP / PXE. So I
wanted to use the autodiscover cd / iso. I have fai server running, and
fai-monitor started as well. When I try to test with a kvm client, it
will not discover the fai server although, when I then exit I can ping
and nmap -p 4711 faiserver. Port is reported as open. What am I missing,
is there any other way to for example pass the IP via boot variable or
such?! Any hints for debugging this?!

Thanks and Regards,

   Matthias

i.A. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Schöpfer  |  ithinx GmbH  |  Software Engineer
Phone: +49 (221) 99589-332  |  Fax: +49 (221) 99589-199
Address: ithinx GmbH  |  Butzweilerhof Allee 4  |  50829 Cologne  |  Germany
E-Mail: Matthias.Schoepfer at ithinx.io  |  Website: www.ithinx.io
Registered Office: Cologne  |  District court: Marburg  |  HRB 6749
Managing Director: Christian Faust

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. if you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please
notifiy the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unautohrized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

We like trees. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.