autodiscover does not discover fai-server

Dr. Matthias Schöpfer Matthias.Schoepfer at ithinx.io
Mon Jul 3 13:58:40 CEST 2017

Hi Christian & Thomas,

thanks for the support and the information. I was finally able to
archive my goal (having a dhcp client install from a fixed IP / DNS
faiserver without PXEBOOT or touching dhcp). @Christian: I do not have
any administrative rights in the Windows Domain, and since the
Administrators are not very cooperative regarding linux (Security Risk,
lol), I will probably never be able to implement your solution.

For whom it may interest, this is the menuentry in
/etc/fai/grub.cfg.autodiscover that did the job:

menuentry "EXPRESS WAY TO DEBIAN" {
    set gfxpayload=$resolution
    linux   /boot/vmlinuz FAI_FLAGS="menu,verbose,createvt"
FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs:\
//<Your ServerIP here>/srv/fai/config root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=<Your
ServerIP here>:/srv/fai/nfsroot,nfsvers=3,nolock aufs rootovl
    initrd  /boot/initrd.img
}

Regards,

    Matthias

i.A. Dr.-Ing. Matthias  Schöpfer  | ithinx GmbH |  Software Engineer
Phone:  +49 (221) 99589-332 | Fax: +49 (221) 99 589-199  | E-Mail:  Matthias.Schoepfer at ithinx.io