Ubuntu Artful

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 27 19:59:36 CET 2017

I tried doing a global replace on the  mk-basefile script
s/XENIAL/ARTFUL/g but when I ran the modified script, it created a 4k
file that didn't work as a basefile. So then I just copied the Ubuntu
zesty/17.04 basefile to artful/17.10 and it appears to have worked. An
installation is proceeding as I write.

But I think that the  documentation on the steps to manually build a
basefile would be helpful. I don't suppose you still have that
documentation for installing ubuntu around do you? All I remember is
that it suggested booting from a live Ubuntu ISO and then running
pbuilder. It doesn't look as if mk-basefile uses pbuilder though which
confuses me.