stretch and grub on LVM

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 17 15:21:15 CEST 2017

    > to update this old thread while stretch is knocking on the door I found
    > out that the "device.map" is making the trouble for me.
I found out, that device.map is not needed any more in grub 2.00. From
the NEWS file:

* grub-mkdevicemap removed. Now all devices are detected on invocation of
  any grub utility.

Debian still provides the grub-mkdevicemap. I've already remove the
code for generating the device.map in the git master branch, but I
still have to do some tests. Thanks for the hint.