FAI installation - problems with apt-https

fai-ml at lihas.de fai-ml at lihas.de
Mon Aug 14 15:06:08 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 11:42:11AM +0200, René Bleisch wrote:
> => does someone have a FAI-setup where apt-https is working during
> installations?
yes, but we use debootstrap.
> => is the nfsroot even the right place to add packages which should already be
> installed before "task_softupdate" - like "apt-transport-https"? It just came
> into my mind that I eventually made an error in reasoning and I should maybe
> better add the package to the basefile...
apt-transport-https and ca-certificates should be installed in your
base.tgz
base.tgz would be created by fai-make-nfsroot
So, it's a right place for you.
As a quickfix you can create a hook, that install apt-transport-https
and ca-certificates bafore task_repository.

Regards,
Juri