Problem with fai-cd and squashfs?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Apr 27 05:53:00 CEST 2017

    >> > losetup: /run/initramfs/squashfs/LiveOS/ext3fs.img: Warning: file does
    >> > not fit into a 512-byte sector; the end of the file will be ignored.
    >> I've also have this messages sometimes, and I always ignored the
    >> messages, because I never had any problems with it.

    > IMO this should be fixed.
    > Compressed Filesystems are more sensitive to damages. Up to 511 bytes truncated information  can affect multiple files.
I'm not sure if this is a real problem. I guess it could be just an
alignment problem as also written here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2016/06/msg00001.html

    > My first attempt stopped booting, then I rebuild the CD and ended with SQUASHFS errors during laterly installation (e.g. while calling dpkg).
It would be nice if you could dig deeper into your problems, and see
if the losetup warning (not an error) is really the cause of your problems.