Problem with fai-cd and squashfs?

c2h5oh c2h5oh at web.de
Wed Apr 26 10:47:39 CEST 2017

Am Mittwoch 26. April 2017 schrieb Thomas Lange:

>     > losetup: /run/initramfs/squashfs/LiveOS/ext3fs.img: Warning: file does
>     > not fit into a 512-byte sector; the end of the file will be ignored.
> I've also have this messages sometimes, and I always ignored the
> messages, because I never had any problems with it.

IMO this should be fixed.
Compressed Filesystems are more sensitive to damages. Up to 511 bytes truncated information  can affect multiple files.

My first attempt stopped booting, then I rebuild the CD and ended with SQUASHFS errors during laterly installation (e.g. while calling dpkg).

It is possible that my problems are the result of not including the package mirror in the iso. When a .deb from the mirror is damaged it probably is not so serious compared to damages in the install system.
I also stripped off all 'garbage' (unneeded classes, scripts and files) from configspace and I guess that you have not seen any problems because you got bitten where you didn't notice it.

Christian Meyer