FAI with RAID+CRYPT+LVM

Paul Schulz paul at mawsonlakes.org
Tue Sep 20 13:36:41 CEST 2016

Woot! (.. for setup-storage anyway)
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

The solution to my problem is to not worry about the name of the
'cryptsetup' partition, 'setup-storage' handles this automatically.

Cryptsetup is called and creates a device called "crypt_format_md1" (in my
case) which is then fed correctly to LVM.

Can this be put into the documentation somewhere?
(./man/setup-storage.8 ?) I only found this out somewhat by accident.

Cheers,
Paul

ps. FAI installes the system installs but doesn't boot, so that's the next
thing to solve. Fails to decrypt the luks partition and find
/dev/mapper/Base-Root