FAI with RAID+CRYPT+LVM

Paul Schulz paul at mawsonlakes.org
Thu Sep 15 17:28:01 CEST 2016

I am still having an isse with the setup-disk configuration

I'm now getting the following error after the file is parsed..
"Cannot determine size of /dev/mapper/md1_crypt - scheme unknown"

See attached files:
  raid1-disk1-disk2t.txt - Just RAID1
  lvm-disk1-disk2.txt - RAID1+LVM (works)
  crypt-disk1-disk2.txt - RAID1+CRYPT+LVM (error)

For testing, I have two external USB 90G disks attached for testing and am
using the following:
  ./bin/setup-storage -D"sdb sdc" -fcrypt-disk1-disk2.txt
(With  export PERL5LIB=`pwd`/lib/setup-storage)
or
 /usr/sbin/setup-storage -D"sdb sdc" -fcrypt-disk1-disk2.txt
(Ubuntu 16.04)

Q. Do I need to know or set the size of the crypted drive before it is
created? It is then used by LVM, so maybe I do?

My Plan B is to take the log from ' lvm-disk1-disk2.txt' and then modify it
manually setup the encrypted partition. I can then run this script in place
of setup-storage in the FAI partitioning step.

Regards
Paul