Booting into login rather than install

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 21 18:13:49 CEST 2016

    > I also tried copying the boot files (initrd,vmlinz etc) from a working system and that didn’t help either.
You must use the initrd from inside the nfsroot, not from a normal
running system. That's very important.

    > The boot log shows systemd being started immediately after the kernel initialization is complete.  I would have thought that the FAI install script would start at that point rather than systemd.
FAI currently does not use systemd during the startup process. Make
sure that you have this line in your /etc/fai/NFSROOT:
sysvinit-core systemd-sysv-

That means, systemd-sys must not be installed inside the nfsroot but
sysvinit-core will be installed. Check the log of fai-make-nfsroot if
this is fine in your enironment.

It's not problem to create the nfsroot on a remote machine, then
copying it to your install server.