Booting into login rather than install

Ronald Steele rsteele at adaptivemethods.com
Fri Oct 21 17:18:57 CEST 2016

I tried the new nfsroot and it didn’t fix the problem.

I also tried copying the boot files (initrd,vmlinz etc) from a working system and that didn’t help either.

The boot log shows systemd being started immediately after the kernel initialization is complete.  I would have thought that the FAI install script would start at that point rather than systemd.

If it make a difference, the problem system is not on the internet.  I have had to create local apt and yum repos.   Commands like fai-make-nfsroot must be performed on a remote machine the and the results copied to the problem system.  I’m sure the creates lots of opportunities for configuration errors.

Any other suggestions to  try?

Ron