setting up deb mirror

Ronald Steele rsteele at adaptivemethods.com
Tue Mar 15 21:01:44 CET 2016

What is the correct way to configure faiserver when the clients are on a private, un-routed network?
I’ve run "fai-mirror /srv/mirror" on faiserver.  However it’s not clear to me how this gets served to the client. I’ve tried
setting /etc/fai/apt/sources.list to point to faiserver, and that failed.  I’ve tried defining
FAI_DEBMIRROR=nfs://faiserver/srv/mirror <nfs://faiserver/srv/mirror>. This caused the install to stop saying it could not perform
the nfs mount.  However, I could perform the mount from the command line so I know the file system
is exported properly.

This if FAI 5.0.1

Thanks,
Ron