LVM not working.

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jun 15 18:01:43 CEST 2016

    > From the shell.log  installation log:  /run/lvm/lvmetad.socket connect failed: No such file or directory
    >                                                         WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad.  Falling back to internal scanning
Hi Roland,

I can reproduce your problem.

This helps a little bit:
https://www.pckr.co.uk/arch-grub-mkconfig-lvmetad-failures-inside-chroot-install/

But setting use_lvmeta=0 is not the whole fix.

Make sure the package lvm2 is installed (adding to
package_config/CENTOS)

    > I’m assuming that the LVM utils aren’t getting started during installation and so everything else fails.
    > The LVM package is getting installed and the binaries are in place.  Is one required to start the LVM processes from within a hook?  I supposed that FAI would do this when is sees that an LVM is to be created.

    > I don’t where to go from here.
I guess we have to debug dracut. The kernel command line needs
rd.auto. Using rd.debug, you can enable debug mode to dracut.

Using lsinitrd, you can check if the initrd includes the lvm dracut
module and the executablers for lvm.

I will try to dig deeper into it, if I have some spare time.