Fai-make-nfsroot setup-failure fai-server

Bosch, Fabian (BITBW) Fabian.Bosch at bitbw.bwl.de
Fri Jul 22 15:18:44 CEST 2016

Hi - is there a solution for the *server* setup-failure on fai-make-nfsroot yet?
Found some hints in the #fai-IRC logfiles but nothing solved my problem installing fai-server manually.
(http://layer-acht.org/fai-irc/fai.log.20160106)

Performing fai-setup, I still get the Error E: Unable to locate package dracut-config-generic.
The package dracut-config-generic is definetly available from the fai-sources and has been manually installed after the first failure - didn't solve the Problem.
Fai-setup stops at this point:

>>>setup.log/fai-make-nfsroot.log:

---snip---
Setting up fai-setup-storage (4.3.1+deb8u1) ...
Setting up fai-nfsroot (4.3.1+deb8u1) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/policy-rc.d.fai to provide /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d (policy-rc.d) in auto mode
insserv: warning: script 'rcS.distrib' missing LSB tags and overrides
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u4) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u4) ...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package dracut-config-generic
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-make-nfsroot.log
ERROR when calling fai-make-nfsroot.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-setup.log
<<<

System spec:
fai-server  v5.1.2

OS: Debian Jessie (8.5)
Was Kernel 3.16.0.4-amd64
Now (for testing reasons)
Kernel 4.4.6-fai-amd64

>>>/etc/fai/nfsroot.conf

FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="jessie http://httpredir.debian.org/debian"
FAI_ROOTPW='$1$kBnWcO.E$djxB128U7dMkrltJHPf6d1'

NFSROOT=/srv/fai/nfsroot
TFTPROOT=/srv/tftp/fai
NFSROOT_HOOKS=/etc/fai/nfsroot-hooks/
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=info,wget --include=aptitude"

FAI_CONFIGDIR=/srv/fai/config

<<<

>>>/etc/fai/NFSROOT

PACKAGES install

nfs-common fai-nfsroot ssh rdate lshw rpcbind
rsync lftp less dump reiserfsprogs e2fsprogs usbutils
hwinfo psmisc pciutils hdparm smartmontools parted mdadm lvm2
dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools xfsprogs xfsdump btrfs-tools
procinfo numactl dialog
console-common kbd
iproute2 netselect moreutils udev subversion
xz-utils
pxelinux syslinux-common # in jessie we need both
curl wget- libpsl0-
libicu52- # jessie only
nmap
emacs24-nox

firmware-bnx2 firmware-bnx2x firmware-realtek

dracut-network dracut live-boot- initramfs-tools-
dracut-config-generic # this is not available in plain Debian jessie
--snip--
<<<<

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Fabian Bosch

IT Baden-Württemberg (BITBW)
Abteilung 3 - Infrastrukturdienste
Referat 34 Open Source
Krailenshaldenstraße 44
70469 Stuttgart
Telefon: +49 (711) 8910-4739
E-Mail: fabian.bosch at bitbw.bwl.de<mailto:fabian.bosch at bitbw.bwl.de>
Internet: www.bitbw.de<http://www.bitbw.de/>

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail drucken.