Recommended specs for a FAI server

Robert Markula robert at markula.org
Thu Aug 18 09:41:59 CEST 2016

The server doesn't need to be a powerhorse. As the FAI server in normal
operation hardly doesn't do more than serving the files via TFTP and
NFS, maybe additionally serving software packages if you are using the
FAI server as a package mirror, it basically depends on how many clients
you attempt to install simultaneously.

As I'm hardly installing more than 2-3 hosts simultaneously, I'm using a
fairly low-end virtual machine (VM Host: Intel Core 2 Duo @2,2 GHz,
RAID-1; FAI VM: 1 CPU assigned, 512 MB RAM).

Cheers,

Robert