AW: Logical Volumes on virtual drives

Schulz, Reiner R.Schulz at dvz-mv.de
Thu Apr 28 07:40:50 CEST 2016

We use this disk_config file for Debian on vmware:
And we have to install "lvm2" and "grub-pc" in packages_config.

# example of new config file for setup-storage
#

disk_config sda align-at:1024K disklabel:msdos bootable:1 fstabkey:label
primary         -       100%    -       -

disk_config sdb align-at:1024K
primary         -       100%    -       -

disk_config sdc align-at:1024K
primary         -       100%    -       -

disk_config lvm fstabkey:label
vg      vgsys   sda1,sdb1,sdc1
vgsys-swap              swap    2048    swap    sw
vgsys-root              /       5G      ext4    defaults
vgsys-home              /home   50      ext4    defaults
vgsys-mydata            -       50      ext4    -
vgsys-mybackup          -       20      ext4    -
vgsys-pgdata            -       20      ext4    -
vgsys-pgbackup          -       20      ext4    -
vgsys-srv               /srv    20      ext4    defaults
vgsys-var               /var    1G-90%  ext4    defaults

Reiner Schulz