Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial

andrew bezella abezella at archive.org
Wed Apr 6 17:00:21 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-04-06 at 12:50 +0200, sebastian at coli.uni-saarland.de
wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm struggeling figuring out how to make FAI work with ubuntu 16.04. My
> base system is an ubuntu 16.04 as well and I'm using 5.0.3ubuntu1.
>
> Can anyone share his NFSROOT-file and nfsroot-hooks ?
>
> There are two problems I face right now:
>
> 1.) systemd
>
> 2.) dracut and initramfs

[...]

you're trying to get xenial to work as the nfsroot?  i spent a while on
that, too, and think i got to about the same point.  iirc, as suggested
by a launchpad bug, i found the package(s) that depended on
initramfs-tools and rebuilt to depend on linux-initramfs-tool instead
(which dracut Provides).  but once that was done it turned out that
(again, iirc) ubuntu's initramfs management didn't actually work
w/dracut in place.

at that point i gave up and went with a jessie nfsroot.

andy

--
andrew bezella <abezella at archive.org>
Internet Archive