Problem with CentOS 7 PXE Install

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 28 13:29:07 CET 2015

    > I've got a little problem with the CentOS PXE Installation.
    > My DHCP/PXE-Server is configured and I'm able to select the
    > centos-installation in the pxe menu.
Which FAI version are you using? Which PXE menu do you mean? By
default, there's no PXE menu in FAI.

    > FAI also extract the base-tgz and update the system. But after rebooting the CentOS-Systeme,
    > there are wrong permissions for "/", which are 700 and therefore no user (except for root) is able to login.
    > Now my question: Why are there wrong permissions? Is this wrong in the tgz or is there any process, hook, script which changed them?
By default when doing a CentOS 7 installation with FAI, during the
first boot of the new system, the system will fix some
attributes/permission on the file systems. Maybe this is not working?

Can you please put the fai.log and shell.log of your installation onto
paste.debian.net. If you join the irc channel #fai I can help you much
faster.