Build install kernel & Client with verifiable repos

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Oct 20 17:10:52 CEST 2015

    > .../apt/trusted.gpg.d/$keyfile.asc.gpg or something like that.  Add the --keyring parameter making the statement something like:
    >                                                         "...| $ROOTCMD apt-key --keyring .../apt/trusted.gpg.d/$keyfile.asc.gpg add -"
Hi Skip,

nice idea. I've already changed this in the sources.

    > On a similar subject:  I have become fairly happy using a proxy
    > instead of a local mirror for FAI work.  My selection is
    > apt-cacher-NG.
This is also what FAI is using in the class FAISERVER.

    > To configure apt for the proxy requires something like
    > .../apt/apt.conf.d/02proxy (similar to your .../apt/apt.conf.d/10fai).  If you agree with me, a new variable containing the IP:PORT might be enough to allow task_repository to create 02proxy
    > file.  It fits at the end where mount_mirror is found -- a three-way option [mirror--proxy--nothing]?
There's already the variable APTPROXY in FAI. Maybe it needs more documentation.

    > I do hope you mean to add both source and key?  If not, then I would argue that your presentation on the wiki download page is very adequate to to the task of adding the project repo as a
    > optional source.  It would be perfect if the "deb ..." was directed to a .d/fai.list file and apt-key included the --keyring to the .d/fai.gpg file...:-)  (humor)  AND I believe I could modify
    > the wiki page to get the idea published if you want.
I'm not sure if I want to add the FAI project repository by default, I
need to think on this topic for some more time.

    > I noticed something else in task_repository for 02fai file.
I cannot find a 02fai file. Which file do you mean?