task_mountdisks

George F VerDuin gfv2014 at charter.net
Mon Oct 12 22:50:56 CEST 2015

Similar failure here but did not take the time to fix it.

On 10/12/2015 02:06 PM, linux service wrote:

> Want to try installing ubuntu on some old 32bit pc's with Jessie fai
> server with a 386 nfsroot , but getting an error on the clients on
> task_mountdisks:
>
> mount: unknown filetype ext3
>
> same error with ext4
>
> hint?

My old Client is a Pentium-4 chip on a mini mobo.
Kernel 3.2.0-4-486  failed per your example
Kernel 3.2.0-4-686-pae did work OK.

SO when you say "old", is the kernel version appropriate for your pc's?
Is the file type supported by the kernel of that age?

Skip