fai jessie ubuntu vivid

linux service guy at linux-service.be
Fri May 15 09:08:10 CEST 2015

Op donderdag 14 mei 2015 15:45:02 schreef linux service:

> >     > Have a Jessie fai server to install ubuntu 15.04 clients.
> >     > But the clients loose their nfs connection after a period of time.
> >     > This leave them with a nfs connection error.
> > Which FAI version do you use?
> > Maybe you have this bug: #780144
> > Here's the fix for it:
> > https://github.com/faiproject/fai/commit/b440c3674470159a6912ad8df4c4eafe1e2d8c73
> >
> Fai 3.4.1
> Also installing ubuntu 14.10 goes wrong on the connection.
> If I am fast, minimize the to be installed packages, I got the install complete.
> It seems that the installed clients has no network connection anymore.
> I work with dhcp
>
> disconnection appears at random time, at the beginning or half or at the end of installation
I removed systemd from nfsroot and the problem went away.
Must have googled for this because it is stated here:
http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Installing_Ubuntu_Linux_with_FAI
If you are installing *Vivid* you need to go back to upstart, as systemd is currently not supported by FAI. Add a file with the following content to /etc/fai/nfsroot-hooks/ and make it executable:
#!/bin/sh
$ROOTCMD apt-get install upstart-sysv

only God knows why they put systemd in it.