Option to set Ports for NFS mount

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Mar 30 12:15:32 CEST 2015

    > in our enviroment we must to use a ssh tunnelt to connect to fai clients.
    > So we have to  use reverse ssh tunnel for all connections from client to  server (nfs, save-log, etc)
    > Up to now we patch the fai programs to use/change the used ports.

    > Could you make an option to used  custom ports?
Hi Reiner,

you can use /root/.ssh/config (inside the nfsroot) to specify a
different port for the ssh and scp commands. It should look like this:

Host faiserver.yourdomain faiserver
Port 1234

The port of the monitor daemon can be specified using the variable
$FAI_MONITOR_PORT (since FAI 4.3.2), but you have to set this in
/srv/fai/nfsroot/etc/fai/fai.conf, because FAI checks very early if
the monitor daemon is available. Setting this in the config space is
too late.

I'm not sure where to set the port for the NFS mount, maybe specifying
this on the kernel command line would help.

It seems that you have a interesting setup. Can you please fill out
the FAI questionnaire http://fai-project.org/questionnaire
and send it back to me when you finished a project with fai.