how does FAI know how to run debootstrap?

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 30 23:25:21 CEST 2015

> But maybe you want to create a VIVID.tar.xz and put this into your
> config space.

I am guessing I can do both, right? It will use the vivid.tar.gz if it
finds it.

I figured creating the basetar.gz file was optional since  the basefiles
subdir wasn't in my old fai config space. I guessed it was something new
and probably I could figure it out later. But it was easy enough for me
to create the vivid.tar.gz because my fai server is an ubuntu vivid
machine.

It seems to have worked.