Recommendations regarding Debian Jessie and systemd?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jun 19 10:16:04 CEST 2015

    > Hi FAI-users,
    > I'm just testing to migrate to Debian Jessie and I'm still unsure
    > if I should go with systemd yet. Whereas I'm still using sys-v-init
    > on the server, I started with systemd on the clients.

    > Actually I failed with a race condition in mounting the file systems
    > and starting ssh:

    >    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=760422

In running jessie on my desktops using systemd-sysv and I have no
problems. Maybe because I'm using dracut instead of initramfs-tools.
I do no have a fstab entry for /run but my system still mounts the
tmpfs on /run (maybe already done my dracut, not sure):

tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)

> Any suggestions, ideas, workable solutions, ...?
Why don't you just remove the fstab entry for /run?