Setup-Storage: how to specify multiple btrfs subvolumes?

Kerim Gueney kgueney at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 16 17:27:19 CET 2015

I think your configuration was slightly wrong.

I am not entirely sure, but it should be:
disk_config disk1 preserve_always:2 disklabel:msdos bootable:1
fstabkey:uuid

primary -       10G-30G -       -
primary /some/other/partition 100-50%  ext4 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev

disk_config btrfs
btrfs raid1             /       disk1.1 subvol=@root

The "preserve" flag has to go on the disk_config disk* line, as well. It
takes the partition number as argument.

Note I changed raid1 to single. I was not completely right in my last
email, it seems a single device MUST use "single" for data, after all. I
guess that makes sense, because for raid1 you need at least two devices.

However, I noticed that it still doesn't work. There is a bug in the
code. I wrote a patch and will submit it later; I can also send it to
you, because Thomas is in New Zealand and I am not sure how quickly
he'll be able to implement it and so on. I tested your configuration
with the patch and it worked in my test runs.

Best regards
Kerim