FAI scp problem writing logfiles

Tobias Unsleber tu at inline.de
Thu Aug 20 22:50:59 CEST 2015

Hi Andreas,

after checking Holger's advice you may test this too:

a) Check the system/auth log files of the fai-server regarding any
ssh-authentication issues(e. g. authorizedkeys file world writable....)

b) Check to ssh from the installed client (When the client machine waiting
is waiting for <Return> to reboot)  to the faiserver using the fai LOGUSER

c) check the local fai-logs at the waiting client (/var/log/fai I think)

---

After that you may add debug statements to the save-log-script
in $NFSROOT/usr/lib/fai/fai-savelog

There in function save_log_remote_shell ( ~ line 60 ) you can add some
temporary changes for debugging(backup the file and revert it later)

1) add line "set -x" before this line $remotecp -pr $LOGDIR/*
$LOGUSER@$LOGSERVER:$thislog
and "set +x" after it

2) change the line  "$remotecp -pr $LOGDIR/* $LOGUSER@$LOGSERVER:$thislog"
Add -v or even -vv after $remotecp