FAI scp problem writing logfiles

Andreas Sindermann sinder at thp.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 20 18:03:42 CEST 2015

Dear all,

probably it's my stupidity but with a new FAI installation server I
have some scp problem of this type at the very end of the installation
process:

[...]
ERRORS found in log files. See /tmp/fai/error.log
savelog.LAST.source OK
Calling task_savelog
Save log file via ssh to XXX at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyy//install-20150820_140000
lost connection
Calling task_faiend
Press <RETURN> to reboot.
[...]

So copying of the logfiles to the FAI server fails.

Any ideas?

$LOGUSER/.ssh/authorized_keys  does exist.

An interactive ssh session to my personal account on the
FAI server does work properly.

But copying via scp to the $LOGUSER account fails:

root at faiclient:/# ll abc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5 Aug 20 15:58 abc
root at faiclient:/# scp abc fai at trusty64srv:
lost connection
root at faiclient:/#

Thanks for any feedback.

Best
Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Sindermann               fon: +49 (221) 470-4201
Institut fuer Theoretische Physik    fax: +49 (221) 470-5159