use encryption+authentication during configuring clients?

René Bleisch accounts at climate.unibe.ch
Fri Sep 19 13:02:49 CEST 2014

Hi Jan,
at least in my case yes to both

I operate a FAI wheezy server with a bunch of wheezy workstations.
For softupdates (which may contain some re-configurations), I connect to
the workstations with ssh and start the softupdate with "fai -N softupdate".
Then the config space is mounted from the server (nfs) and fai performs
the necessary updates.

=> To automatize it, I have a perl-routine which starts a parallel
softupdate on all hosts.
The routine basically opens an ssh-session on each host and executes
"fai -N softupdate".
For the passwords, an "expect" template is used. I only have to enter
the password at the beginning, then expect will automatically handle it
for each parallel ssh-session.

I hope this helps you

Regards
René Bleisch