use encryption+authentication during configuring clients?

Jan Bredereke jan.bredereke at hs-bremen.de
Fri Sep 19 12:37:11 CEST 2014

Dear FAI users,

I am currently evaluating FAI and have a question which I could not
answer from the documentation:

When I use FAI for configuring some (already installed) clients, can
I have the communication encrypted? And can I have authentication?
If the communication can run over Ssh, the the answer to both would
be "yes". But I did not find anything on how the actual low-level
communication is done during configuring a client.

Thank you very much for any information or docs pointer,
Jan Bredereke

--
Prof. Dr. Jan Bredereke
Hochschule Bremen, Fak. 4, Flughafenallee 10, D-28199 Bremen.