Package_config : linux-headers

Prunk Dump prunkdump at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:04:02 CEST 2014

> On Thursday 22 May 2014 17:49:55 Prunk Dump wrote:
>
> *headscratch* How do you install the linux kernel image? Also via FAI? Why
> don't you simply add a matching linux-headers line there?
>
> Apart from that: Debian and Ubuntu provide non-versioned virtual packages
> for headers and kernel.
>
> If you just want to install the current image / headers it suffices to
> specify 'linux-image-amd64' and 'linux-headers-amd64' (for Debian / 64bit).
> For Ubuntu you can use 'linux-image-generic' and 'linux-headers-generic',
> there's no need to differentiate between 32 and 64bit.
>
> If you need older or specific images/headers then you're out of luck though.
>
> bye
> thomas

Hi,

I my case, I don't what to compile a new linux kernel. I just want to
build the nvidia-glx proprietary kernel module.

!! NOT ALREADY TESTED !!

So I have made a NVIDIA class detector :

#######
class/30-nvidia
#######
#! /bin bash
if lspci | grep 'VGA compatible controller.*NVIDIA'; then
   echo "NVIDIA"
fi

I added the corresponding packages using linux-headers virtual packages :

########
package_config/NVIDIA
########
PACKAGES aptitude-r I386
linux-headers-686-pae
nvidia-kernel-dkms

PACKAGES aptitude-r AMD64
linux-headers-amd64
nvidia-kernel-dkms

And the xorg config file :

#########
files/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia/NVIDIA
#########
Section "Device"
        Identifier "Nvidia GPU"
        Driver "nvidia"