Package_config : linux-headers

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Fri May 23 09:55:31 CEST 2014

On Thursday 22 May 2014 17:49:55 Prunk Dump wrote:
> I would like to install the linux-headers package using FAI. Usually I
> launch from the shell :
>
> aptitude -r install linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,')
>
> What is the best way to do the same thing with FAI ?

*headscratch* How do you install the linux kernel image? Also via FAI? Why
don't you simply add a matching linux-headers line there?

Apart from that: Debian and Ubuntu provide non-versioned virtual packages
for headers and kernel.

If you just want to install the current image / headers it suffices to
specify 'linux-image-amd64' and 'linux-headers-amd64' (for Debian / 64bit).
For Ubuntu you can use 'linux-image-generic' and 'linux-headers-generic',
there's no need to differentiate between 32 and 64bit.

If you need older or specific images/headers then you're out of luck though.

bye
thomas