Kernel panic - FAI 4.1.1

Rui Teixeira ruiteixeira18 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 13:48:19 CEST 2014

> Have a look at
> http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Grml_Kernel

So I've configures packages according the given link. nfsroot (fai-make-nfsroot
-v -l) and mirror (fai-mirror -v -c "$CLASSES_TO_LOAD" /media/mirror/) were
created without any error. After that I'm trying to create bootable USB pen
and get this error (fai-cd -m /media/mirror/ -u /media/pen/):

NFSROOT      /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir   mounted
ls: cannot access /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinu?-*: No
such file or directory
preparing grub2 eltorito.img using existing core.img from NFSROOT
cp: cannot stat `/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinuz-': No
such file or directory

In fact vmlinu does not exists, there's something to do with the kernel
version that Ive used (grml)? Do I need to change something else?

Thanks