Kernel panic - FAI 4.1.1

Rui Teixeira ruiteixeira18 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:57:18 CEST 2014

Hi,
I'm around this problem for a few days, reading foruns and information on
internet but can't find a way do solve it! There is my steps:

1. fresh installation of FAI 4.1.1 in a also fresh Debian machine (Debian
GNU/Linux 7.5 - wheezy)
2. configure my packages and scripts to install (like I had in previous
version)
3. create nfsroot without errors
   fai-make-nfsroot -v -l
4. create mirror without errors
   fai-mirror -v -c "$CLASSES_TO_LOAD" /media/mirror/
5. create usb bootable pen drive (in my scenario I can't use a network
server, I'm must use an USB stick)
    fai-cd -m /media/mirror/ -u /media/pen/

When I try to boot from USB I have this error:

Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 Debian 3.2.57-3
Call Trace:
 panic+0x4d
 do_exit+0x76
 do_group_exit+0x5c
 sys_exit_group+0x11
 syscall_call+0x7
 acpi_os_map_memory+0xd7

- There is my simplified /etc/fai/NFSROOT
PACKAGES aptitude
nfs-common .....
cupt

live-boot live-boot-doc live-boot-initramfs-tools-

PACKAGES aptitude I386
grub-pc
linux-image-686-pae

PACKAGES aptitude AMD64
grub-pc
linux-image-amd64

I'm only using classes DEBIAN, FAIBASE and GRUB_PC as they come in
installation and more two classes that I've create (to install postgresql
and some minor packages, I don't think the problem is in my classes).

If someone had some similar problem or have any idea how this problem can
be resolved, please tell me, much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rui