fai-mirror and conflicting packages

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Tue Jun 24 14:52:04 CEST 2014

Am 21.06.2014 02:56, schrieb Holger Parplies:

> actually, I've done that. It's a quick and dirty hack, uncommented and
without
> any guarantees, but it seems to have worked for me at some point in
time ;-),
> so feel free to try it if you like (and please tell me if something
doesn't
> work). Reads 'dpkg --get-selections' type output from stdin and writes to
> stdout (including package count lines, so you'll have to delete those ;-).
> I just saw that I write a different format to stdout (only one package per
> line, without the 'install' required on stdin).
>
> Regards,
> Holger
Thank you very much, it seems quite useful. Two things I found until now:

1.) The script needs to be run with english/C locale. I ran it with
de_DE and got no reduced list because the script looks for the term
"Depends" in the cache array while it actually is "Hängt ab" under a
german locale.

2.) The script does not deal with circular dependencies and removes all
packages within that circle from the list. Example: the package
'ldap-auth-client' is a meta-package for LDAP authentication. It depends
on libpam-ldap and libnss-ldap, which both depend on ldap-auth-config,
which in turn depends on ldap-auth-client again. So your tool removes
all of these packages from the list. I think there is no easy solution
for this, but I can live with it.

Your tool reduced the list from 1531 packages to 361, which helps a lot.

Thanks again,
Andreas