Problem booting clients in FAI 4.0.8~deb7u1

Marc SCHAEFER alphanet-linux-fai at alphanet.ch
Wed Jun 18 15:30:41 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 07:35:44AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
> wheezy. Then you have to regenerate the nfsroot! That's an important

Yes, that was my problem.  I didn't look at the debootstrap log and
didn't notice fai-setup nor fai-make-nfsroot failing: when I did,
I found out that the virtual machine where I have the FAI install server
had too strict app-armor rules preventing mknod from working corectly!

I am getting much better results now, with some work-arounds from:

   http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Installation_walkthrough

> You can join the IRC channel #fai and get quick help. Later I will we
> there for more help.

I always forget about IRC!  Meanwhile my first desktop installed correctly,
and I am first tweaking the details.

> I suggest to use the fai-project.org package repository, so you will
> use FAI 4.2 with wheezy. That's the version I recommend for wheezy.

Thank you.