grub install error with root on LVM

Kerim Güney kgueney at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jul 31 19:04:02 CEST 2014

On 07/31/2014 06:49 PM, Aaron Hall wrote:
> It works only if I do run "grub-install /dev/sda" after FAI completes
> and before reboot. If I allow the system to reboot directly after FAI
> completes, it never brings up the bootloader and will not boot. (This is
> all in testing, of course.)

Oh, I must have misunderstood, because there was a similar case when I
was testing some LVM disk-configs. Setup-storage would report error code
1 when running GRUB_PC/10-setup but after rebooting grub would work just
fine.

I see that you included your disk configs in a previous mail. I'll take
a look at the issue and get back to you soon.

Best Regards