FAI - server logging + FAI Ubuntu Trusty

René Bleisch accounts at climate.unibe.ch
Mon Jul 21 11:30:13 CEST 2014

Hi Thomas,
One week ago, I managed to setup my FAI-server for Ubuntu Trusty server
machines with or without graphical user interface (GDM/gnome).

I recreated my wheezy nfsroot with the newest FAI-version and use it now
for both wheezy and Ubuntu/trusty (I think this is really the best
solution).

Finally, I could setup a first Ubuntu machine without GDM and everything
seems to work (network, shared folders, etc.)
Only when I additionally install GDM/gnome, the GDM doesnt really start,
but I dont think this is FAI related.

Further I use now the FAI project repository for the Ubuntu
installations, up to now I didnt have any problems with this.

Dracut/initramfs:
I think I experienced the issue described here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/248970/how-to-install-dracut-on-ubuntu

(However I was in holidays last week and cannot remember all details now)

Regards
René