How to ignore/clean/delete partitions on FAI installer?

Norman Schmidt Jr norman at norman.com.br
Tue Jul 1 17:15:02 CEST 2014

Something I wasnt able to find out in FAI docs was how to ignore
existing partitions when setup-storage runs.
I dont have any preserve<no> in my storage configuration files at
config/disk_config/, but if the target disk for a FAI installation was
previously partitioned, FAI stops the installation right at:

Executing: mdadm --examine --scan --verbose -c partitions
Cannot satisfy pre-depends for true: vgchange.........................
Error in task partition. Traceback: task_error task_partition task
task_install task task_action task main
$LOGUSER is not defined...................
FATAL ERROR. Installation stopped.

I can solve this by deleting all target disk partitions using
fdisk/cfdisk/sfdisk/dd'ing the MBR and rebooting the installation media,
but how can I automate the cleaning of anything FAI may encounter at the
target disk?

Thank you in advance,
Norman