Hide password or Prompt for password

Prunk Dump prunkdump at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 10:48:26 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm the network administrator of a French high school and I use FAI to
install all my Samba4 linux clients.

The problem is that with Samba4 the host need to join the domain with
a command like :

net ads join -U administrator%samba4password

If I put this command in the /srv/fai/script/ folder, anyone can see
the password.

So is there a way to send the "samba4password" securely to the clients
? This is the main samba root password !

Ideally, is this possible to be prompted for this password by FAI when
installing the clients ?

Or it is possible to send a ssh command from the server when the
clients wait for reboot ? Is there a way to get the list of there
waiting clients ?

Thank you !

Baptiste.