linux-image-3.12-0.bpo.1-amd64 dracut: FATAL: Don`t know how to handle root=/srv/fai/nfsroot

René Bleisch accounts at climate.unibe.ch
Fri Apr 25 09:13:35 CEST 2014

Just a comment:
Today I wanted to install a new host (the first since one or two months),
however I ended up with the same dracut error...

It seems that now "nfs" is needed at the begin of the NFSROOT entry in
nfsroot.conf, to get dracut to recognize the fai-server

NFSROOT=*nfs:*phkup26:/srv/fai/nfsroot (instead of
NFSROOT=phkup26:/srv/fai/nfsroot )

After this small change it works again without problems, but I wonder now:

Was there a change in fai-chboot? (Did former versions eventually add
the "nfs:" automatically to the nfsroot when creating the tftp-file?)
Or maybe was there a change in nfs or dracut?

Regards
René