fai-mirror and $statefile

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Apr 17 11:32:27 CEST 2014

    > During debootstrap, we choose a non-standard syslog (sysklogd):
    > FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=info,rsyslog --include=sysklogd,klogd"
These packages are not available in wheezy any more, so I could not
test it with FAI 4.1 and wheezy,

    > But when fai-mirror runs, apt-get doesn't know that my base system has sysklogd installed, and it thinks my top-level package is
    > not installable.
I do not understand this. What do you mean by top-lebel package?
fai-mirror uses the file /srv/fai/nfsrrot..../var/tmp/base-pkgs.lis
which is a list of all packages installed by deboostrap. Using this
list, it can download these packages and include them into the
partital mirror.

BTW, in FAI 4.x fai-mirror now uses reprepro instead of apt-move,
which may solve your problem.