RFE setup-storage: option to mark disk_config line as optional

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Apr 15 15:02:04 CEST 2014

On Friday 11 April 2014 10:01:10 Thomas Lange wrote:
> A new option "optional" would be nice. But the setup-storage
> maintainer is inactive for a longer time, and I'm not sure if anybody
> else knows enough about the internal structure to implement such a
> feature.

I'm still too afraid to do any non-trivial modification in the original
code. Supporting an 'optional' disk sounds like it could get ugly real fast.

Still thinking about how to do a proper implementation / improve the code /
do a rewrite but I'm finding it hard to allocate time for it. Doesn't really
help my company has been bought by someone else and where in the midst of an
IT merge. (Nope, not working for Whatsapp/Occulus.)