RFE setup-storage: option to mark disk_config line as optional

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Apr 11 10:01:10 CEST 2014

    > maybe there is a feature like this already but then I have to discover
    > that one yet.

    > We have a bunch of compute nodes in our server farm and some of these
    > only have a single HDD inside and some of an extra SSD besides the HDD.
No, there's no such feature in setup-storage. Using a 'dynamic' class
assignment is also the solution I would choose for such an environment.

A new option "optional" would be nice. But the setup-storage
maintainer is inactive for a longer time, and I'm not sure if anybody
else knows enough about the internal structure to implement such a
feature.