announcement - forking setup-storage

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Sun Oct 20 22:51:30 CEST 2013

GIT-Repository: https://github.com/ThomasNeumann/setup-storage
Bugtracker: https://github.com/ThomasNeumann/setup-storage/issues

The repository contains the parser library, testcases and a disk_config check
utility.

Micro tutorial:

1) clone repository
2) prepare for testing: perl Makefile.PL
3) execute tests: make test

If these tests don't execute successfully, then either perl is hopelessly
outdated, some perl modules are missing or something is strange.

libparse-recdescent-perl
libreadonly-perl
libreadonly-xs-perl
libtest-perl-critic-perl (*)
libtest-pod-coverage-perl (*)
libtest-pod-perl (*)
libtest-spelling-perl (*)
(*) required only for testing

4) parse a disk_config file

# a simple test
bin/check_diskconfig.pl    /path/to/file

# parse test and show parsed config (internal representation)
bin/check_diskconfig.pl -v /path/to/file

# ignore output but complain loudly in case of error
bin/check_diskconfig.pl    /path/to/file >/dev/null 2>&1 || echo "AHHOOOGA"

My request would be that as many as possible execute the check utility on
your own configurations and see what it says about them. For now this utility
is an easy way to find obvious parser bugs - if something does not parse then
I need to fix the parser. (If you want to spend the time then please also
intentionally introduce errors into your configs and check if the utility is
able to catch them.)

If you find an error then try to isolate it or send me the config file. You can
create a bugreport at github or simply mail me (blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de).

Later on it should be suitable to provide a reliable testing utility to
check you own disk_config files without having to perform an actual
installation.

thanks for your cooperation
thomas