fai4 status

Michał Dwużnik michal.dwuznik at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 17:19:08 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm considering a new installation on wheezy (having used the squeeze
one for some time...), destined to install wheezy clients.
The client disk setup is the following (I managed to get down from 7
hardware flavours to one for the new install...):

# example of new config file for setup-storage
disk_config disk1 disklabel:msdos bootable:3 fstabkey:uuid
primary - 300 ntfs ro createopts="-f"
primary - 90000 ntfs rw createopts="-f"
primary /boot 300      ext2  rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical swap 8000 swap  sw
logical / 20000  ext4  rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical /usr 40000  ext4  rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical /opt 40000  ext4  rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical /fscache 90000 ext4  rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
logical - 180000 ntfs rw createopts="-f"

so no fancy raids/lvm, encrypted volumes...

The config for me is kind of big (injecting some 40GB of non-repo
software during the install proces...)

Should I go with the one from wheezy distros or 4.0.8 from fai repo?

Is there some short summary of the differences between fai4/3?

Regards
Michal

--
Michal Dwuznik