Creating GPT BIOS partition with FAI 4.0.6

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Wed Mar 27 09:56:06 CET 2013

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 09:24:43 AM Soos Arpad wrote:
> Well this is not at all a "cosmetical issue" as far my problems are
> concerned.

Sorry, but I fail to see the connection. I'm going to answer you further
comments step-by-step.

> So I have to ask which programm ist doing the paetitioning.

'setup-storage', but normally you don't have any direct contact with that.
Configuration is done via <config space>/disk_config/<classname> and performed
by the 'partition' task.

> And why it is not possible to manage it with a personal decission,
> wether to do automatic paritioning or do it manually.

You can.

automatic: disklabel:gpt-bios
manual: disklabel:gpt

However 'gpt-bios' will result in a 'out-of-order' partition naming, like
described in my previous post.

> I´d like do have all clients trying netboot and if there's no server
> using their normal installation.

???

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

> And if there is a fai-server, making it possible to do fai boot but no
> pationing or do it on the other side.

I don't understand. FAI isn't very useful if you netboot into a FAI-client
but don't perform some kind of partitioning. ('Keep & reuse all existing
partitions' is a special case, but it is also handled via the partitioning
task.)

> So, partitioning is not at all just a "cosmetical issue".

I was referring only to the 'out-of-order' issue. This was not a general
comment. Maybe that's where the misunderstanding comes from?

bye
thomas