FAI ISO?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 5 19:25:02 CEST 2013

Thanks. It worked. I didn't have a > /mnt/fai_usb/live/filesystem.dir
directory on my CD image.  Just boot/ and boo.cab. I do the nfs mount
thing. So I did a debootstrap to the flash drive before the chroot step.

debootstrap squeeze /mnt/fai_usb
chroot /mnt/fai_usb /bin/bash

  I think you have a small typo below,. I think
grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sdb

should read

 > grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sdb

The only other thing I did different from what you say is that I
formatted my flash drive as ext2 instead of ext3. I've read that there
is no point in using ext3 on a flash drive.

John G. Heim, 608-263-4189, jheim at math.wisc.edu