FAI ISO?

Michael Senizaiz trellph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 21:41:13 CEST 2013

>From memory.  Fix for reality.

Partition and format your USB (if you are using an old fdisk, start at
sector 8 or later).  Format as ext3.
Mounting as something like '/mnt/fai_usb' and the iso as '/mnt/fai_cd'.
 Assuming /dev/sdb1 as your formatted USB device

mount -o loop /path/to/iso /mnt/fai_cd
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/fai_usb
rsync -avp /mnt/fai_cd/. /mnt/fai_usb/.
cd /mnt/fai_usb/live/filesystem.dir
mount -o bind /proc proc
mount -o bind /dev dev
mount -o bind /sys sys
chroot . /bin/bash
grub-install --no-floppy /dev/sdb
(This may take a while if the buffer is still syncing)
exit
umount proc sys dev
cd /mnt
umount fai_usb